from just £249
When you’ve lived in a property for years, it’s hard to pick up on little things that become barriers and risks to living independently as you get older. After all, what you want (and need) from your home evolves over time. Our Home Check Service gives you a blueprint for future independent living at home.
An expert assessor reviews your home and garden and prepares a comprehensive report with personalised suggestions on how to reduce fall risks and improve safety and accessibility – while coordinating with your taste in design and even adding value to your property.
We give you personalised suggestions you can implement quickly and easily over the short, medium and long term. Whether it’s moving a rug or changing light levels, many don’t even involve building work or new fixtures. They’re inexpensive or free, and are creative ways of adjusting what you have to reduce risks that only come up as you get older.
We look at features and enhancements that complement your design – and can even add value to your property. And you’ll be surprised at how beautiful many so-called accessible products are. If you do need to add grab rails in the shower or task lighting in the kitchen, you have a range of stylish options that fit your design and colour scheme.
Think about your vision for your retirement. Have you actively considered the role your home will play in making that vision a reality? Too many people forget to consider this – we find it’s the neglected piece of the retirement jigsaw. Your Home Check report makes it easy to address this important area, so you can plan with more confidence.
What to Expect During Your Home Check
- Your Home Check appointment lasts about 2 hours.
- Your assessor starts by chatting with you about your property and situation. We cover topics like what you like about your home and garden and what concerns you have. We also give you a questionnaire to complete.
- We begin on the ground floor, walking through all the rooms starting at the entrance. You’ll see your assessor measuring doorways, looking for trip hazards, reviewing window heights, kitchen appliances, bathroom fixings and much more.
- Then we move up the stairs, through the upper floors, and finish in the garden (we don’t need to look in any of your drawers or cupboards). Throughout, you’ll see your assessor taking copious notes and photographs.
- After the review, we sit down with you to discuss our top-level findings, giving you a flavour for the suggestions we’ll make in the report.
- Within 10 working days, you get a personalised report complete with pictures and links to relevant product options, so it’s easy to browse and buy what’s right for you. It also includes links to sources of care advice and tips on independent living. You get one hard copy, and we send a digital copy to you and any friends and family you like.
Great service and brilliant communication. This has allowed me to enjoy a more comfortable and accessible home!
I feel much more confident living on my own in my home because of the property advice I was given from Living Well at Home.
Book Your Home Check Appointment
Get in touch to learn more and arrange a convenient time.