This Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data using this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you purchase a product or otherwise interact with us.
Living Well at Home Ltd understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
Who We Are
Living Well at Home Limited is a limited company registered in England (company number 10462852) with a registered office at Minton Place, 2 Victoria Rd, Bicester OX26 6QB and whose main trading address is Living Well at Home Ltd, PO Box 2215, Market Hill, Buckingham MK18 9DF.
When you use our services, you’ll share some information with us. We want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, who we share it with and the choices we give you to control, access and update your information. For the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the data controller of your personal data. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office in the UK with reference number ZA261332.
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
The Personal Information We Collect and Use
Information Collected by Us
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- date of birth;
- medical conditions or disability;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- business/company name
- job title;
In addition, our servers, logs, and other technologies automatically collect certain information (see below) to help us administer, protect, and improve our services; analyse usage; and improve users’ experience. We share personal information with others only as described in this policy, or when we believe that the law permits or requires it.
Information we collect automatically
Log files/IP address: When you visit the site our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not linked to any of your personal information. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Site and collect demographic information for aggregation purpose.
We may also gather non-personal information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser which we use to provide you with a more effective service.
How we use your personal information
We use your information in several different ways.
- All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation May 2018.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Obtaining your views or comments on the products and services we provide;
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Supplying you with email and text alerts regarding your appointment bookings, service provision, email newsletters and other activity that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ on any email newsletter we send or emailing email@example.com with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject header and your subscription details in the body of the email;
- Market research and help us plan any other promotional activity;
- Analysing your use of Our Site and gathering feedback to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011, 2015 and 2016.
- Advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in what is known as “behavioural advertising” – advertising which is tailored to your preferences, based on your activity. Your activity is monitored using Cookies. You can control and limit your data used in this way by adjusting your web browser’s privacy settings. Please note that We do not control the activities of such advertisers, nor the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your data in this way will not remove the advertising, but it will make it less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
- We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
Do we share your personal information?
- We may share your data with other companies in Our group.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
Some of those third-party recipients may be based outside the European Economic Area — for further information including how we safeguard your personal data when this occurs, see ‘Transfer of your information out of the EEA’.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will hold on to your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Transfer of Your Information Out of The EEA
We may transfer some or all of your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (‘the EEA’) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is attached to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific countries approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use service providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Control Over Your Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have several important rights available to you for free. In summary, those include rights to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you
- Request that we transfer elements of your data to another service provider
- Request us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Request the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured format
- Stop any direct marketing
- Object to processing of your personal data
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS” at www.tpsonline.org.uk), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”)), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS” at www.mpsonline.org.uk). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receive.
For further information on each of these rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- email, call or write to us at Living Well at Home Ltd, PO Box 2215, Market Hill, Buckingham MK189DF or email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 44 88 248
- let us have enough information to identify you;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made many requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Keeping Your Personal Information Secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any dta at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
How To Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. If you are not happy with how Living Well at Home manages your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
This privacy notice was published on 23rd May 2018 and last updated on 25th May 2018.
How To Contact Us
If you wish to contact us please send an email to email@example.com write to Living Well at Home Ltd, PO Box 2215, Market Hill, Buckingham MK189DF or call 0800 44 88 248.
Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
Account means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of Our Site
Cookie means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site.
Our Site means this website, www.livingwellathome.co.uk
UK and EU Cookie Law means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011, 2015 and 2016
We/Us/Our means Livings Well at Home Ltd, a limited company registered in England under Companies House No. 10462852, whose registered address is Minton Place, 2 Victoria Rd, Bicester OX26 6QB and whose main trading address is Living Well at Home Ltd, PO Box 2215, Market Hill, Buckingham MK18 9DF. This includes our staff, agents and contractors.